Monday, March 7, 2016

Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly

Buy here*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Kathy DawsonBooks
Pages: 334
My rating: 4 stars
Ages:15+

Zoe has just arrived in River Heights when Digby shows up asking for pictures. Little did she know that just a few months later she would end up outside a house about to blow up trying to figure out how to get back inside. That's how things work when you get mixed up in Digby's world. But as hard as she tries, Zoe just can't seem to get out.

I was about halfway through this book when I realized it was basically a modern day Sherlock, with Zoe as Digby's faithful companion and biographer and Digby the assertive and observant detective. It's not a perfect parallel, but I definitely think that anyone who likes Sherlock Holmes will like this book.

Digby is outrageous, making his character completely unpredictable, which is so much fun. And through her interactions with Digby, we see Zoe become a more confident individual. Each character was fun and original.

I look forward to a sequel.

No language; some discussions about sexual matters.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!