Monday, January 26, 2015

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Buy here*
Publication date: 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Pages: 236
My rating: 4 stars
Ages: 14+

When a missed flight leads to meeting Oliver, Hadley no longer dreads the long flight to England for her father's wedding. The seven hours they spend together seem like forever, but when they part ways at Heathrow, Hadley is left alone, wondering how she's going to get through her father's wedding and if she'll ever see Oliver again.

Sometimes, you just need to read a book that's clever, fun, romantic, and just easy enough that you don't feel like you are pushing yourself through it. Smith's books are perfect for this. I had previously read another of her books, so when I was at the bookstore with a gift card from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket, I decided to just buy this book.

The stories are sweet and simple, but with complicated elements. This is the kind of book that you just want to read curled up in a blanket on your couch, the cold trapped outside. Oliver is every girl's dream. In fact, I'm kind of wondering where my Oliver is . . . Anyway, even though I've only read two, I think any of Smith's books is going to offer an escape as you peek into the relationship of the main characters and fall in love as they do.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!