Monday, February 1, 2016

All Fall Down by Ally Carter

Buy here*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pages: 310
My rating: 4 stars
Ages: 14+

Three years ago Grace witnessed her mother's death—which everyone says was an accident, but she was sure was murder. After three years of therapy and meds, Grace has been sent to live with her grandfather, the US Ambassador in Adria. Everyone is expecting this change to be good for Grace, but when she sees the man she is sure murdered her mother, things start falling apart. Can Grace convince her friends and grandfather that this time she's right, before the Scarred Man kills again?

Carter uses the same fast paced intriguing writing that made me love the Heist Society books, adding in political intrigue and more interesting characters. This is what kept me reading and why I finished the book in less than 24 hours.

It's interesting to see what life might be like for the children and families of those who work in various embassies. Would they be friends? What would happen if they bumped into one of the ambassadors of another country? And then there's the twist at the end . . . I definitely recommend this book.

No sex and little to no swearing.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!