Monday, November 9, 2015

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Buy here*
Publication date: 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 452
My rating: 2.5 stars
Ages:16+
Series: The Mara Dyer Trilogy

After recovering from the terrible accident that killed her friends, Mara and her family move to Florida to get away from it all. But the ghosts of those who died seem to have followed her. With strange things happening around her, Mara is starting to think that maybe she's as crazy as everyone thinks.

This was an interesting concept and I think I would have liked it more if it hadn't been part of a trilogy. I didn't feel like I gained any answers; instead it was just a long set up for the rest of the trilogy. I have no problems with series/trilogies, but the first book has to really grab me and make me want to stay with the characters. Mara just didn't do that for me.

But, as I said, the concept was interesting, the characters were fine, and the writing was good. It just wasn't a reach out and grab me kind of book.

Use of swear words, including the F-bomb.

*I receive no compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!