Monday, November 16, 2015

Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond

Buy here*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Switch Press
Pages: 303
My rating: 3.5 stars
Ages:13+

Army brat Lois Lane and her family have finally settled down in Metropolis. Lois is determined to make friends and not make any trouble, but her plan changes her first day at her new school when she has a run in with the Warheads--a scary gamer group that acts as one. With her new job as a teen journalist, Lois is determined to discover the truth behind the Warheads. She enlists the help of her only friend, a person she only knows as SmallvilleGuy.

I thought this book was so fun. The Lois in this book is so different from the Lois Lane that I grew up with. She's intelligent, troublesome, determined, and kind; instead of just the "damsel in distress" type that are found in many comic books. The references to Superman and other DC comics is fun to pick up on.

I think this is a great book for anyone who likes comic books, mysteries, or comic book based TV/movies. Lois is spunky and reminds me a bit of Veronica Mars.

No swearing or sexual situations.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!