Monday, July 13, 2015

Oh Yeah, Audrey! by Tucker Shaw

Buy here*
Publication date: 2014
Publisher: Amulet Books
Pages: 243
My rating: 3 stars
Ages: 14+

Gemma ran away from home to wait outside Tiffany's. She is planning to meet the other members of her Tumblr, "Oh Yeah, Audrey!"--a celebration of all things Audrey Hepburn. Gemma has the whole day planned out, but things go off course when she meets Dusty. Suddenly, she feels like Audrey. But is being Audrey everything she thought it would be?

I have to admit that what drew me to this book was Audrey Hepburn. Though, unlike the characters in this book, I'm more a Roman Holiday, Sabrina fan. I've only seen Breakfast at Tiffany's once. However, it isn't necessary to know Tiffany's in order to enjoy this book.

The book is really about knowing what is really important, and learning to love yourself. Is Audrey important or was it that she brought together four people? What about family and friends? Sometimes, we need to go off track a little bit so that we can see who we really are.

The book was well written, though I had some disbelief about some of the motivations of the characters and their actions. I think it is more geared toward young to mid-teens. There isn't any language and a mild sexual situation.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!