Monday, June 1, 2015

This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Buy here*
Publication date: 2013
Publisher: Poppy
Pages: 407
My rating: 3 stars
Ages: 14+

A misdirected email puts teen heartthrob, Graham Larkin, in contact with small town girl Ellie O'Neill. Through months of emails they become closer, but when they are suddenly put in the same town, things don't seem so certain. Ellie is shocked to learn who Graham is, and with a secret of her own, she isn't sure that she wants to pursue anything with him.

I really enjoy Smith's books. That said, I think that this is probably my least favorite of her books. It's not really anything big, just that I feel the plot and details aren't as good as they were in The Statistical Probability.

Graham is definitely a heartthrob, and it seemed as if he really did like Ellie. But Ellie seemed a little passive about it all. I think it's difficult to do a "famous"/"normal" romance, and while it was an enjoyable escape, I didn't really believe it.

Great book for younger teens looking for romance. No sex, no swearing, just a cute story.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!