Monday, June 29, 2015

Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers

Buy here*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 390
My rating: 4 stars
Ages: 14+

When Avery's grandmother creates a set of challenges to determine who will be her heir, Avery is glad for the chance to get away from her boarding school. However, the thought of spending time with her uncles and cousins leaves much to be desired. Over two weeks and several countries, Avery learns more about her family and where she came from.

This book was one of those books that I just wanted to keep reading, which is tough when I read during my lunch break. The adventure comes through these series of challenges, a sort of giant scavenger hunt based on family history. Avery is a complex character, tough but vulnerable, smart but somewhat naive.

As in her previous novel, Myers weaves an interesting and complex story, full of twists and turns, make it enjoyable to read and fairly hard to predict. Which I love. I like her characters, her settings, and the descriptions. And who can deny the presence of an attractive guy?

There is no language and no sexual situations. Perfect for teens.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!