Monday, November 7, 2016

Diplomatic Immunity by Brodie Ashton

Buy here*
Publication date: 2016
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Pages: 352
My rating: 3.5 stars
Ages: 16+

When Piper is accepted on scholarship to Chiswick Academy, she is introduced to the life of the rich and privileged children of foreign ambassadors. She decides to do an expose on what her classmates can get away with, but things get complicated when she starts getting emotionally involved.

I look forward to Ashton's books, partly because each one is so different. This new novel focuses on two different worlds, with interesting and diverse characters.

Now, there is something that I did dislike and to anyone else it would seem so little, but as an editor I've been trained to pay attention to details. In one part of the book, Piper is picked up by a limo to go spend the evening at the Spanish Embassy. About 100 pages later, Piper is going on a date with the Secretary of State's son, and when he comes in a limo to pick her up, she says that she's never ridden in a limo before. At that point, I had to stop reading and flip back to make sure I remembered the previous experience correctly. This isn't the fault of the author, but I feel like should have been picked up by an editor at some point in the process.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the book and a look at the world I know very little about. I can't seem to think of anything else to say, except that I recommend it.

There were at least two instances of the f-word and some sexual innuendos.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!