Monday, October 19, 2015

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

Buy here*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 343
My rating: 3.5 stars
Ages: 14+

When Gia is dumped by her older, long distance boyfriend in the parking lot of her senior prom, she get desperate to prove to her friends that her boyfriend does exist. So when she sees a boy sitting in a car alone, she begs him to pretend to be her boyfriend for the night. Everything seems to go as planned, but she can't get her "fill-in boyfriend" out of her mind. She'll do anything to find out who he was, even become friends with someone she never would have before.

I was really surprised at this book. I was expecting a light teen romance, but I really think that that was secondary. Really, it was about Gia finally becoming her own person, making her own decisions, and deciding what it is she wants from her friends, her family, and from life.

Also, this book was so funny. The repartee between Gia, Bec, and Hayden is great. I really just wanted to keep reading, so I did. I finished the book in a day, staying up a little later than normal to finish it. I've read books by West before, and I think this is my favorite by far.

No language, no sex.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!