Monday, September 7, 2015

I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest

Buy here*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
Pages: 227
My rating: 3.5 stars
Ages: 13+

After losing her friend Libby to a car accident three years ago, May suddenly starts seeing artwork from the stories they used to make together. Certain it's a sign that Libby is actually alive, May starts trying to find clues in the online comic.

I wasn't really sure about this book at first, but I really liked it.  It's mostly novel with a little bit of graphic novel in it as you read along with May as she tries to find clues into Libby's disappearance/death. I love the tone of the writing, which seemed familiar to me but in a way I can't really explain. Maybe a little noir-feeling? Or something.

I think this is something that nearly anyone could enjoy. It has mystery, graphic novel, computer hacking, puzzles, adventure, friendship, etc. Also, I would love to see a Princess X cosplay.

No swearing and no sexual situations.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!