Monday, November 3, 2014

We'll Always Have Paris: A Mother/Daughter Memoir by Jennifer Coburn

Buy here*
Publication date: 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Pages: 372
My rating: 4 stars
Ages: 16+

Convinced she will die young like her father, Jennifer decides she wants to give her daughter experiences to remember her by. When Katie is eight, Jennifer convinces her husband to let them go to Paris and throughout the next eight years, Jennifer and Katie travel to Italy, Spain, Amsterdam, and back to Paris where it all started.

I picked up this book when I was at the bookstore. It was on a table labeled "Summer Reads." And it is a great summer read. Coburn shares parts of her childhood with her father as well as the travels she and her daughter go on. Her relationship with Katie is close and real, both of them sharing jokes and Katie taking care of her mother when she freaks out about their trips.

I was reading this off and on while I had family visiting and I just had to keep reading sections that made me laugh out loud. Coburn is similar to me--wanting to see things and experience things, but wigging out when it actually comes down to it. It's funny, it's tender, it's interesting to read, and fun to share with family.

There is a bit of language.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!