Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Time Chamber by Daria Song

More info*
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications
My rating: 4 stars
Pages: 80
Ages: all ages

The red haired fairy wonders what the world is like outside of her Time Garden. Once the girl falls sleep, the fairy creeps out and discovers many wonderful things.

I wasn't sure how much a "story" this book would have, since it's also a coloring book. And while there aren't very many words, the story is lyrical. Song's drawings just add to the magical feeling of the story about the red haired fairy.

Mostly, I was eager to start coloring and make the book and story my own in a way. So I pulled out my colored pencils and colored while catching up on my TV shows. One thing I learned what that I need to sharpen nearly all my pencils. Another was that once I made a color decision, I was going to have to stick to that throughout the entire book, if I wanted to appease any sort of perfectionism. Also, my fingers got a little tired from coloring.

The drawings are intricate and detailed, not at all like your child's coloring book, meaning that it could provide you with hours of relaxation and entertainment as you decide on color schemes and watch the drawings come to life.

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!