Monday, April 28, 2014

Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

Buy here*
Publication date: 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 290
My rating:  2 stars
Ages: 14-16

 In the first of the Jamieson Brothers novels, we are introduced to Jamieson front man, Peter--he of the swoon worthy voice and magical lyrics. While on tour, Peter meets Libby, a beautiful but tragic girl with a penchant for art. Both Peter and Libby feel a strong connection, but can they possibly clear all the hurdles that stand in the way of them being together?

Since I'm all about being honest here, here is what I thought while reading this book: "It's like a teenage fantasy written down." I'm sure I'm not the only one as a teenager that had a celebrity crush and fantasized about meeting him and him falling in love with me . . . (oh, I was?) Anyway, it's a little bit like Jonas Brothers fanfic, except the names of the brothers are changed.

That being said; it was a quick read, a little bit of fluff in what I've been reading lately. I really think that younger teens would enjoy this book, but the writing doesn't shine as anything special, and the story is contrived.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!