Monday, August 15, 2016

The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash

Buy here*
Publication date: 2016
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 249
My rating: 3 stars
Ages: 16+

With the announcement of their favorite comic book writer appearing at New York Comic Con, Graham knows that it will be the perfect time to tell Roxy that he loves her. Unfortunately, the entire weekend seems designed to thwart his efforts.

Anyone who is familiar with geek culture and comic cons will enjoy the pretty accurate depiction in this book. The entire book takes place over one weekend, during New York Comic Con. Throughout the weekend, the characters experience some life highs and lows while experiencing panels, photo ops, and browsing vendor booths and artist alley.

I found the book easy to predict, though the journey to fulfilling my prediction wasn't unenjoyable. Graham's crush got to be a little annoying, though it will probably be relatable to teenagers. It was nice to see that there was more to Graham than just his interest in Roxy, though I think I would have liked to have seen that filled out a bit more.

There was some language.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!