Sunday, January 24, 2016

Eleanor by Jason Gurley

More info*
Publication date: 2016
Publisher: Crown Publishers
Pages: 370
My rating: 3 stars
Ages: 18+

The first time Eleanor falls out of time, she's fourteen and at school. It's eight years after her twin's tragic death and eight years of making sure her mother doesn't drink herself to death. The place she goes is happy and bright, but the next time it happens, it's terrifying. As are the next and the next. Where does she go? What is she supposed to do? Can it heal her broken family or just tear them further apart?

I was intrigued by the idea of this book, but when I started reading it, the only thought I had was "This is so weird." The writing is beautiful and well done, but the story was really strange. There were several viewpoints that it was told in, though fortunately they were well labeled.

The good thing about such a strange book is that it was full of surprises. I try to guess how I think books will go and I kept being proven wrong again and again. This isn't a book that is a quick read and it will take some serious thought. By the time I was about halfway through, I felt invested enough that I was curious about the ending and how everything would work itself out and who everyone was.

There is some strong language.

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!