Monday, May 4, 2015

I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend by Martin Short

Buy here*
Publication date: 2014
Publisher: Harper
Pages: 318
My rating: 3.5 stars
Ages: 16+

From a young age, Marty Short was a showman. In his attic bedroom, he performed songs and created his own talk show, but he never thought of making it career until his early 20s. This follows the ups and downs his career and his life.

I always felt some sort of affection for Martin Short when I saw him in various roles throughout the years, but my respect for him just grew the more I read about his life.

He went mostly in chronological order, splitting up the book with explanations about characters that he created. A lot of the time I would rather read a book than listen to it, but with books like this, I wish that I could read it as I'm not very familiar with Short's characters and it would have been nice to be able to hear how they spoke.

I was finding the book interesting and engaging, but the end really got to me. I was reading it during lunch at work and had to take a few moments to get my eyes cleared away.

Great book for those (like me) that like learning about celebs, fans of Martin Short, SNL, or movies in general.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!