Monday, April 13, 2015

Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington

Buy here*
Publication date: 2014
Publisher: Soho Teen
Pages: 278
My rating: 4 stars
Ages: 14+

Six weeks after starting at Wickham Hall, Liv is killed. But Liv isn't the first girl to die, or haunt, the school. With her friend Gabe--the only person who can see the ghosts--and her boyfriend Malcolm, Liv needs to find out who killed her. Was it the ghosts? Will Liv need to kill the next girl? And what about the Victors, the secret society on campus?

It took me a while to get this book from the library, but I wish I hadn't waited. I was completely drawn in to Wickham Hall and the strange things surrounding it. Gabe seeing ghosts, the Victors, and the stories of the dead girls that came at different intervals throughout the book.

It could be a little spooky--at least, for me, because I am easily spooked. And, of course, those spooky moments always came at night before I went to bed. But it was something that was easily overcome throughout the rest of the story. The one complaint I had is with the girl who died in the 1970s. Each of the other girls seemed to have a natural voice when telling their story, but I felt that Talkington tried too hard with how she spoke.

This book is appropriate for most teens. There is little language (if any) and no sexual situations.

*I do not receive compensation from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Let me know your thoughts!